Many people often ask what makes a perfect wedding for a photographer. Here is what I consider the best possible wedding, photographically speaking:
- a great group of people- the couple, their families, friends & bridal party, as well as the other vendors
- those same people are also fun loving and expressive.
- a bright, spacious room full of natural light for the hair and make-up process.
- a daytime outdoor ceremony
- a picturesque outdoor location for the posed group shots, preferably shaded and on level ground.
- the reception at the same location as the ceremony- inside a neat room with windows and oozing architectural richness.
- a partly cloudy day- bright sunshine leaves the subject's eyes in harsh shadows
- lots of neat details that make the wedding unique- seasonal flowers, creative guest books, personalized place settings
- eating at the same time as the bride & groom (many places feed the vendors after all the guests have been served and by this time, the couple is already up circulating among guests= missed photos!)
- a lighted dance floor- my camera needs some ambient light to focus.