Oh my goodness, the summer is going by so quickly! I can't believe it's already mid-August! Wow! I hope you all have been enjoying this great weather! Do you have any amusing summer stories or pictures to share of weekend getaways, vacations or bbqs? Share in the comments section, or email to email@example.com. :)
In addition to operating at full-speed ahead photographing and editing weddings and portraits, I have been lucky to cram in a bunch of fun things this summer including:
• overnights at my grandparent's summer house in Wolfeboro, NH
• 4th of July in the White Mountains
• a weekend visit to Cape Cod, my favorite place on earth. I'm sure J was tired of hearing me exclaim every-other-minute how beautiful the scenery is and "I love Cape Cod!" If you are a fan, you'll know exactly what I mean.
• My hip grandma from Arizona was recently in town for my nephew's second birthday (he is just the cutest!)
• We caught a Red Sox game with my Dad and brother-in-law. Dad's business has had the same seats behind home plate since 1978. Wow!
• The dogs got a doggie door. This is the best invention ever, and makes me giggle every time I hear the dogs push through to meander in the back yard on their own. So odd to have completely independent animals that way.
• I bought a new vacuum. I know this may not seem exciting to you, but it's nearly as exciting as the doggie door. It's one of the canister, hypo-allergenic types and has taken cleaning to a whole new level of satisfaction when you can actually see the fruits (dirt?) of your labor.
• A dozen or so years behind the trend, I got my first pair of Rollerblades. We have a fantastic bike trail near our place perfect for an after-dinner spin.
• And even further behind the Rollerblade trend, this is the first summer I have worn flip flops! My toes never appreciated the thong rubbing, but for some reason, they've been more open-minded this season.
• J has been training for a triathlon in September, the PumpkinMan, which he will run with my brother-in-law. He has also been loving the Maine waters to surf. Really, in Maine!
• Wagamama has come to Boston. If you haven't been, you must go immediately. It was a favorite spot to chow in London and it has made it's way to the States.
I will be sending out a business e-newsletter next week with lots of emilie inc specific updates. If you haven't already subscribed, please do so with the link in the left column. I promise there won't be any senseless information like included on this post. ;)